Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Has it really been TWO years???

Somehow I blinked and two years went by. How is that possible? I wish I didn't wait that long to post a new blog entry. I'm left with so much to say and overwhelmed at how to say it. I'll start with my surroundings. Gone are the days of city living. I have said farewell to my Ravenswood dwelling and said hello to suburban life. (sniff sniff) I wasn't quite ready to say goodbye to the electricity of the city, but God opened a door that I couldn't help but walk through. So here I am, sitting on the balcony of my new apartment in Palatine...listening to Imaginary Future on my iPhone and gazing at the peaceful little pond in front of me. How did I get here? Let's back up a bit...

As it so often goes, I found myself a bit restless a couple years after moving to the city. There were so many changes with my "big girl" job. I remember when I first started working for GMAC - flying here and there was such a jolt to my normal comfort zone and I remember thinking how crazy it was to be traveling a couple times a month. Fast forward to a company buyout, becoming an Ocwen employee and traveling a couple times a WEEK and the novelty and anxiety wore off real quick. I got tired. Tired of being in airports & hotels, tired of missing family gatherings and not making plans with friends. And really tired of not being able to serve at Harvest as much as I would like. And I was also kinda bored. All the excitement of moving to a new city, starting a new job, making new friends...that was old news. 

So, one day, I just so happen to mention to Luke MacDonald that I'd like to find a new job. He asks a few questions, I answer a few questions and the next thing I know, I'm interviewing for a position at Harvest in their Communication Dept. Things move quickly and I am hired as the Electronic Communication Manager. What a whirlwind! It's been about 6 months and every day is a new challenge and adventure. I'm so grateful for this opportunity. Not in that cliche way people say it. But really REALLY grateful. I get to be paid to be a creative! That's amazing!! 

The commute became too much and quality of life was too important to travel to & from work 3 hours a day. So, I reluctantly moved to the suburbs. But I'm finding really wonderful treasures here. Mostly, this little piece of serenity on my balcony. Quiet mornings with my Bible and coffee...relaxing evenings with a glass of wine and a perfect evening soundtrack...these are treasures. 

I am content. I can't always say that. But today, I feel good. Some days, the longing for companionship is almost suffocating. But not today. Today, I am so thankful for my family, career, friends, church, ministry, home, passions, hobbies...

I do want to remarry. I want to share life & love & ministry with another. I trust that God has a plan. I don't know what it is. But I know that He loves me and wants only good for me. My prayer is that I will be content in every season. 

In two years, there have been some really incredible moments. Danielle got married. Erica left for college. VCB recorded another album, Church Songs. The 5th Smith was born to Jordan and Beth - Chloe Grace. I met one of my biggest musical inspirations - Stacy King. We had 2 new mommy's in our Merle Girl group - Kristen just gave birth to a beautiful baby girl named Stella & Jen will welcome her handsome little fella soon.

There are more memories than I can count. But all of them are so special and wonderful and make up this beautiful life I get to live. 








No comments:

Post a Comment